Saturday 9 October 2010

What am i - WIP - 36


What am i - WIP - 36, originally uploaded by James D Thompson.

Signing off... By signing off I don't mean off face book so someone comes along and spam's comments :D, I mean sign off from one stage before you start the next so everything is completely done. Here I'm starting to finalise the UV's so that when I'm rigging I don't need to go back, create uv's, delete history then re-bind to the rig. Also before this I made sure i finished modelling them completely, so later on I don't decide to add some more detail and then find all my uvs are screwed up. This helps save a lot of time and also in a Group environment where everyone has there own job, trying to ask the animator to send the model back because you forgot to set-up the uv's before sending to model to the rigger will wast even more time and piss people off :S

The shot above is several separate meshes of the head's outer shell. I've set out the uv's together as there going to be rendered using the same shader, another way of doing this could be to let each piece have its own texture then have a switch in the hyper-shade that assigns the relevant textures to there mesh which is what ill be doing for more smaller parts of the robot.

No comments:

Post a Comment