Tuesday 21 September 2010

Outside the box can lead to another box :D

One thing you will always hear when approaching a problem or something creative is "Think outside the box" so when I started my facial animation class I thought of all the different clips of dialogue I could do and how I could stylise a character so its just not a normal head doing the talking. Whilst also doing this project I'm still thinking over old ideas and possible projects in the future and one of them is with a snail character but I can never get the time to start while doing current projects, so... why not do them both.

So I've decided to look into doing a clip with cartoon snails as the characters so that at the end I will have the character finished and rigged for another project. Ill also be able to explore ideas like how can I portray human facial expressions and body language onto a different forum as this will be good practice as the majority of animated films have at-least one or more non-human character.

Also the most important thing to remember is to try new things and expand you're skills, if you've rigged a face before, try rigging a face that's completely different, if you've animated a character, animate a character with a different personality. It's very easy to get stuck in a rut making similar characters, making similar rigs and using that same personality when animating, still coming out with a good piece of animation but not learning as much as you could and making something better the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment